1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Squire Stove 50505 freestanding firebox

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by mindy, Nov 25, 2012.

1. mindy

mindy New Member

I have searched and searched for a manual for this wood stove/ fire box. I am installing with through the ceiling dual wall pipe that I know is to code but id like to know how close to a sheet rock wall this can sit. I would love to have OEM install instructions but would settle for advice.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. chimneylinerjames

chimneylinerjames Feeling the Heat

Check out this page:

http://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/articles/stove_wall_clear

It tells you general clearances to combustibles. Many older stoves do not have a tag on stove stating how close to combustibles you can have it, if this is your case you would have to go by these clearances. If you scroll down a bit on the page, it will show you that it is possible to reduce your clearances up to 66%.

If you keep it 36" from combustibles, you will be safe.
  3. mindy

mindy New Member

I have owned the home for 10 year now with the stove having been installed before I purchased. the woodstove is a firebox style stove and was only 12 inches from the original wall. Have I been risking our lives all these years???? I was asking about clearances because I wanted to turn the wood stove corner style, in order to meet the clearances recommended in this article I would have to eliminate the stove all together, I guess I have a lot to consider as this is our primary heat source.
  4. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA