Squire Stove 50505 freestanding firebox

mindy Posted By mindy, Nov 25, 2012 at 12:12 PM

1. mindy

mindy
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 25, 2012
    I have searched and searched for a manual for this wood stove/ fire box. I am installing with through the ceiling dual wall pipe that I know is to code but id like to know how close to a sheet rock wall this can sit. I would love to have OEM install instructions but would settle for advice.

2. chimneylinerjames

chimneylinerjames
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 26, 2012
    Check out this page:

http://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/articles/stove_wall_clear

It tells you general clearances to combustibles. Many older stoves do not have a tag on stove stating how close to combustibles you can have it, if this is your case you would have to go by these clearances. If you scroll down a bit on the page, it will show you that it is possible to reduce your clearances up to 66%.

If you keep it 36" from combustibles, you will be safe.

3. mindy

mindy
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 25, 2012
    I have owned the home for 10 year now with the stove having been installed before I purchased. the woodstove is a firebox style stove and was only 12 inches from the original wall. Have I been risking our lives all these years???? I was asking about clearances because I wanted to turn the wood stove corner style, in order to meet the clearances recommended in this article I would have to eliminate the stove all together, I guess I have a lot to consider as this is our primary heat source.

4. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA