Squire wood-burning fireplace insert - Need Fire Brick?????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doros

Sep 23, 2008
Chesterfield, VA
I purchased a house with a Squire wood-burning fireplace insert (1981 model # 50500). There are no firebricks inside. There are no clips on the sides to hold up firebricks either. Wondering if it is designed to NOT have any firebrick on bottom or sides?? Any input is appreciated – thanks!
Dan

Attachments

• Squire stove - front.jpg
    Squire stove - front.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 8,652
I have a question for firestarter, I just bought a house awhile back that was a forclosure had a squire wood insert in it. No one was able to tell me anything but the name of the insert. I found this site and saw your picture and its the EXACT same squire insert. I cant tell from the pic but does it have a Blower in it?? Mine has a space that looks like there should be one but Im guessing presvious owners removed it and never replace it. Is there any information or web sites or part numbers you could pass along to help the hunt in finding a replacement? NONE of the Fireplace Stores or Repair places around my area have A. Heard of the brand or B. have no information on it.

Id GREATLY appreciate it!

Thanks

J. Simmons

Attachments

• DSC03096.JPG
    DSC03096.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 11,698
  • DSC03095.JPG
    DSC03095.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 5,748
Yes, the blower is in a tray that slides out. You can find the fan at stovepartsunlimited, as for the tray that holds it, that is going to be about impossible unless you buy another squire insert. The fan sits in the tray and blows UP and comes out the side vents and the vents right about the draft control. Honestly unless you can find the blower tray I wouldn't bother with that insert.

Edit: Attached pic of front with fan tray.

Attachments

• DSC_3374.jpg
    DSC_3374.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 6,244
Thank you for the information. Id hate to have to find a new insert, Ive just burned in this one to see how it did and it burns and drafts very well. If I could find a drawing and or demintions on the blower tray and saw it apart I could replicate it, I work at a company with a metal shop. Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.