1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Squire wood-burning fireplace insert - Need Fire Brick?????

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by doros, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doros

doros Member

Loc:
    Chesterfield, VA
    I purchased a house with a Squire wood-burning fireplace insert (1981 model # 50500). There are no firebricks inside. There are no clips on the sides to hold up firebricks either. Wondering if it is designed to NOT have any firebrick on bottom or sides?? Any input is appreciated – thanks!
    Dan

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mellow

mellow Resident Stove Connoisseur

Loc:
    Salisbury, MD
  3. doros

doros Member

Loc:
    Chesterfield, VA
    Thanks. Does yours have firebrick on the bottom & sides?
  4. mellow

Loc:
    Salisbury, MD
    It has firebrick on the bottom but not the sides.
  5. simmonsj

simmonsj New Member

Loc:
    NC
    I have a question for firestarter, I just bought a house awhile back that was a forclosure had a squire wood insert in it. No one was able to tell me anything but the name of the insert. I found this site and saw your picture and its the EXACT same squire insert. I cant tell from the pic but does it have a Blower in it?? Mine has a space that looks like there should be one but Im guessing presvious owners removed it and never replace it. Is there any information or web sites or part numbers you could pass along to help the hunt in finding a replacement? NONE of the Fireplace Stores or Repair places around my area have A. Heard of the brand or B. have no information on it.

Id GREATLY appreciate it!

Thanks

J. Simmons

Attached Files:

6. mellow

Loc:
    Salisbury, MD
    Yes, the blower is in a tray that slides out. You can find the fan at stovepartsunlimited, as for the tray that holds it, that is going to be about impossible unless you buy another squire insert. The fan sits in the tray and blows UP and comes out the side vents and the vents right about the draft control. Honestly unless you can find the blower tray I wouldn't bother with that insert.

Edit: Attached pic of front with fan tray.

Attached Files:

7. simmonsj

simmonsj New Member

Loc:
    NC
    Thank you for the information. Id hate to have to find a new insert, Ive just burned in this one to see how it did and it burns and drafts very well. If I could find a drawing and or demintions on the blower tray and saw it apart I could replicate it, I work at a company with a metal shop. Any suggestions?

Thanks again.
  8. doubleburner

doubleburner New Member

Loc:
    Southern WV
    Mellow is the stove you pictured your stove. If so, where did you get you seals?
  9. mellow

Loc:
    Salisbury, MD
  10. doubleburner

doubleburner New Member

Loc:
    Southern WV
    you were talking about a secondary air system in the other post. what do you mean?
  11. mellow

Loc:
    Salisbury, MD
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.