SS chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

medan

Apr 26, 2008
corinna maine
How far away from the side of the house does a ss steel chimney have to be? I have a 1900 two story house and the roof over hangs over quite a bit Im wondering if I have a chimney installed if I will have to go thru the over hang? Does this have a big effect on the cost? Im debating a power vent or chimney? The power vent costs 500.00 I got a guesstiment of 1600.00 for the chimney the guy at the stove store has not seen my roof he said it costs about 1600.00 for a two story house. It costs 500 for the vent. It has an 18 month warranty. If it goes after that I will have to buy another, then I will have 1000.00 just in the vents. Any help would be appreciated Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.