SS liner. Smooth wall vs corrugated

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 25, 2013
usa
I recently purchased a jotul F-500. It will be a hearth mount stove completely in front of the fireplace.
Thanks to this website I also built a blockoff plate that is 16 ga and will be top insulated.
I am now in the market for a stainless steel liner. It will be an insulated 6". The run will be about 23' on an exterior chimney with an 11" x11" inside flue diameter

I have found a few good quality liners on Craig's list, some bran new in the box. All the ones I see are all corrugated.

My question is this, Should I hold out for a smooth wall or would the inside corrugated provide sufficient draft.

Ive had both and havent seen much of a difference between the two with either performance or creosote build up. Burn clean and no problems

if you are talking about heavy wal or mid weight liners for the smooth wall yes they are absolutly better. If you are referring to the 2 layer light wall smooth wall stuff dont waste your money. Regular light wall is much better than that stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.