SS Liners - What company / Brand is recommended

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Scotty Dive

Jan 23, 2013
I am pulling the trigger on a flexible liner and haven't seen much of a thread discussing quality and kits for the DIY'er. Any recommendation of where to buy? I see them all over Amazon but not sure I trust reviews and would appreciate input from Hearth members.

I am pulling the trigger on a flexible liner and haven't seen much of a thread discussing quality and kits for the DIY'er. Any recommendation of where to buy? I see them all over Amazon but not sure I trust reviews and would appreciate input from Hearth members.
There are a bunch of online chimney retailers that sell reputable brands. What is more important than brand is type of liner. There are several types available. You have regular lightwall corregated liner. It is .005 or ,006" thick. It works but is very thin and won't last as long as heavier stuff. The heavy correlations also hurt flow. Then there is 2 ply smooth inner wall. It is junk don't buy it.

Then you have mid weight and heavy wall liners they are pretty smooth inside and are .010 and .014 or .015 thick. They are what I recommend.

You also want to be sure to insulate the liner either by wrapping or with preinsulated.

Thanks Bholler. When you say the .006 liners dont last long. Can you expand on that? how long are you talking about? I see the mid weight kit adds about $350 to the kit topping out at $920 at Fireside Chimney supply. The .006 kit is ~$575.

Thanks Bholler. When you say the .006 liners dont last long. Can you expand on that? how long are you talking about? I see the mid weight kit adds about $350 to the kit topping out at $920 at Fireside Chimney supply. The .006 kit is ~$575.
What stove is this for?

I am running an old All nighter mid Moe.
Ok so they put a tone of heat up the stack and tend to burn dirtier needing more often and more vigarous cleaning. I would not use light wall liner.

Thanks for all the help so far but I hit a snag i would sure appreciate you guys clearing up for me. The 316ti liners are impervious to corrosion and thermal damage according to chimney sweep website listed above. They recommend the .005 or .006. With the .005 being easier to install. So my confusion is why would I go with the medium or heavy duty when I can go with a 316ti with lifetime warranty....thoughts????

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the help so far but I hit a snag i would sure appreciate you guys clearing up for me. The 316ti liners are impervious to corrosion and thermal damage according to chimney sweep website listed above. They recommend the .005 or .006. With the .005 being easier to install. So my confusion is why would I go with the medium or heavy duty when I can go with a 316ti with lifetime warranty....thoughts????

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
They absolutely are not impervious to thermal damage or corrosion. If they are overheated repeatedly they get brittle and will eventually corrode. You also need to read the fine print of the warranty. It only cover normal wear and tear. If you damage it cleaning it's not covered. If you burn it out with multiple fires or just excessive heat all the time it's not covered. I have been doing this a long time and on a stove like yours I would be surprised to see any more than 10 years out of a light wall liner. And I have seen them destroyed in 3. We are replacing heavy wall liners now after 25 to 30 years of hard use with old inefficient stoves like yours

There is allot of mis information on his site much of which directly contradicts what the liner manufacturer Olympia says.