St.Croix analog control board and thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wwert

Feeling the Heat
Dec 6, 2008
Northern CT.
Hi,
New to this forum and pellet stoves.
I have recently purchased and installed 2 St Croix stoves, 1 a York insert and the other an Afton Bay freestanding. Both are running well and I am happy with them. I would like to install thermostats on both as even on the lowest setting it gets warmer in the house than I would like.Does the stove actually shut off and restart or just adjust the setting higher or lower?. Both stoves were made in 2001 and have the older analog control board with the fan speed control on the bottom of the board. The owners manual doesn't tell you squat except that you can use a thermostat.Anyone have any experience with these stoves? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS I have only used 12 bags of pellets so far to heat 2,200 sf, can't believe some of you have used almost 1 ton already

I have a st croix Pepin with a thermostat. With the stat the fire gets really low but does not go out. When the temp drops the fire returns to full force.
If you go to Eventemp website they have all the manuals and a service manual for the St Croix stoves.

Thanks for that. The manuals tell you where to hook the stat but not how it works. I figured that it would not shut down and restart. Any chance these control boards can be upgraded to the new digital ones?

I haven't talk to any dealer about upgrading to the new digital control bd but from the wiring diagram it appears there would have to be some changes made. I know my model stove is now sold as a corn stove and it is sold new with the digital control bd.
http://www.stcroixheat.com/support_manuals.htm
Above is the link to the st Croix manual page

Status
Not open for further replies.