St Croix Auburn Auger Isuues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be motor windings heating up and expanding with a resulting loss of continuity. A new motor will fix this issue.

Assume you don't have any flashing codes when fire dies out. I've come across St Croix stoves with loose set screws on the auger collar before. Control panel auger light comes on and off but auger didn't turn. Found set screw wasnt locked on the flat section of the auger shaft and just slipped.

Could also be a FET overheating and shutting off power but motor will not fix this issue. This would need a need FET which isn't hard to fix. Good luck.

Could be motor windings heating up and expanding with a resulting loss of continuity. A new motor will fix this issue.

Assume you don't have any flashing codes when fire dies out. I've come across St Croix stoves with loose set screws on the auger collar before. Control panel auger light comes on and off but auger didn't turn. Found set screw wasnt locked on the flat section of the auger shaft and just slipped.

Could also be a FET overheating and shutting off power but motor will not fix this issue. This would need a need FET which isn't hard to fix. Good luck.

It was not the set screw for sure. windings maybe. also MAYBE clog still in system altough i've done alot to clean it. #3 light does blink but all that means is no fire. What is FET?

FET is transistor that turns the auger motor on and off. Some have over current protection to prevent damage. I'm still thinking the auger motor windings are suspect.

Glad to hear she's running fine again. Hard to keep a St Croix down, assuming its cleaned properly!

There seems to be a love/hate division with this brand, and I side with the thumbs up users.

hi all,

i put in new board and still have same issue. the one tech i talked to said the auger light should stay on for 11.5 seconds on number 3 setting and it it's only on for 3 seconds at a time. i'm starting to lean to the augur motor maybe slowing down or has a dead spot in it.

For those following this thread: my stove has a cycle time of 11.5 seconds for the auger. It varies the "on" time during that cycle depending on the heat level. Level 3, for instance, turns the auger on for 3.5 seconds, and off for 8 seconds. Level 5 is 5.5 seconds on, 6 seconds off. And so on. It's in the manual. Your board was functioning correctly, as you now know.

Status
Not open for further replies.