St Croix Blinking number 3! Was blinking 2...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joerover11

Dec 4, 2016
Maryland
Hey all, New to this madness... so my St. Croix pellet stove is 5 yrs old and Ive had zero problems up until now... Was blinking number 2 and shutting off, I cleaned the entire stove out and still the problem persisted, called up the local dealer and they came out and cleaned it again- fired it up and left. Guess what? in about a hour it cut off and started blinking 3 this time...... Another guy came out and messed with it for like 3hrs without a fix.... Said he will return in a few days for more diagnostics..... Any ideas? Its cold?? Looked up the faults- seems like a proof of fire, damper, augur problem.. Thanks for your help in advance!

On my Croix, #2 is loss of vacuum, which a good cleaning of the stove and venting should cure. #3 means loss of proof-of-fire, which could be lack of pellets, auger motor stopped, anything that would let the fire go out. Make sure your auger motor is really putting out the proper speed (probably 2 RPM), and the auger isn't jammed.

Yes the auger bushing in the top of the auger housing gets stiff and can slow the auger which can cause this. You can open the back and hold auger button in and time the auger to see if it is slower than rated, I think 2 rpm

Status
Not open for further replies.