St Croix combustion fan making loud vibrating noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kserr

Oct 23, 2008
western Ma
My St Croix EXP is only 2 years old and at the end of the season are exhaust fan or combustion fan has started to make this vibrating loud noise. You can feel it if you put your hand on the exhaust pipe on the back of the stove. Does this sound like the motor is going or could it be just dirty? My dealer said just bring the stove down and will look at it. Like I can just pick it up and put it in my VW.

Doesn't matter which case... you need to check and clean that fan...do all maintenance required...don't speculate.

If it is repairable w/ cleaning and oiling, do it before the sleeve bushing is *Shot*...continuing to operate as it is will only result in a more costly repair.

And to add to what the other person said, pull both blowers
and clean them. I do it yearly. Bit of a pita but keeps them from
premature failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.