St Croix EXP faulty control panel?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kserr

Oct 23, 2008
western Ma
Hi
Anyone out there ever have a bad control panel on their St Croix EXP? I think mine is going. This is only my 2nd season with it, first year no problems. Now the stove will go in a shut down mode and the #2 light is blinking, and the green power light is out. We unplug the stove after it completely shuts down and restart it. Then its fine for a few days a week then it does it again. It has done it now about 5 times, I guess we'll have to see the dealer but you know how that usually goes. Also sometimes the control panel for the 1-5 for the heat levels will get stuck and you can't press it out of its current level, it won't go up or down, thats why I'm leaning towards a faulty panel. I know a #2 blinking light status is quite a few things but the only thing that makes any sense is the control board. Oh also does anybody have a phone # for St Croix I can only find e=mail address? Any info would be appreciated. :roll:

sounds like a maint. issue, but here is the requested contact...

(402) 728-5255

Even Temp
P.O. Box 127
Hwy. 34
Waco, NE 68460

If you are an Even Temp dealer and wish
to place an order, please send an e-mail to [email protected].

If you are an end user and would like more
information on any of our products or the location
of your nearest dealer, please send an e-mail to [email protected].

Manuals available online under page with control boards
Even Temp Inc
1919 Highway 34, Waco, NE 68460
(402) 728-5255
phonephone | map | save | sendsend
to cell phone | to email address

You need to hold the 1-5 button down for a couple seconds before it will move when the stove is running. I think your problem is elsewhere, i'd try a real good cleaning, (leaf blower) and check vac line and door gaskets for a good seal.

I've had the same problems with my afto bay and thought the fire going out was long pellets jamming as it wasn't doing it with a different brand that the pellets are all shorter and I have trouble advanceing betwin 1 to 5 some of the time.I hope someone can shed more light on this. Thanks
AL

Status
Not open for further replies.