St. Croix Greenfield full service/Maintenance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

npompei

Oct 16, 2010
Warrington, PA
Hey guys, so last year my Greenfield started making some loud squeaking noise. I took it apart and I was convinced it was coming from the room fans. So I hit them with air and a few drops of lube. Cleaned the stove real good while I had it out and apart. Worked great for another few weeks then it started again right at the end of the season so I just shut it down.

So, my plan this year is to take it to my local dealer for service. I'm going to have them go through the whole stove. I'm guessing the fans are shot, maybe some gaskets here and there too could be replaced.

Do you guys recommend anything specific? Like an upgrade to the room fans or anything like that? Or anything to avoid from the dealer?

As an FYI, I'm a big clean nazi on the stove. Weekly shut down, damn good shop vac'ing, behind the burn pot scraping, etc. Plus a leaf blower every ton. Stove I was told is around a 2007. I've had it for 3 years entering my 4th. When I bought it it was a disaster. Old people didn't know what to do and it required serious work to get it running. Stoves in great shape though.

Thanks for the help,

Status
Not open for further replies.