St Croix Hastings - Feed Settings / Service Manual

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

barbcole

Nov 20, 2010
MA
Hello-

I am looking for the feed settings (approximate pounds per hour) for the different feed settings (1-5) on my St. Croix Hastings. I realize it won't be exact, I am wondering if the progression is linear from minimum to maximum or something else.

I noticed some members have been kind enough to share this information and/or a PDF of the service manual for other brands. Maybe someone might have it on hand for my stove?

I am hoping to spend some time getting more familiar with the machine while it's still functioning perfectly, so there isn't such a large learning curve when I hit a bump in the road down the line.

Thanks for any guidance!

barbcole said:
Hello- I am looking for the feed settings (approximate pounds per hour) for the different feed settings (1-5) on my St. Croix Hastings.

Hey Barb. Based on what I saw in the specs sheet for your stove, the stove burns from 1.2-4.5 lbs/hr. So heat setting #1 is 1.2, and #5 is 4.5.......my guess its that the other settings would be increasing in a linear way.

Therefore, I'm guessing that #2 = 2.0, #3 = 2.8, and #4 = 3.6. These are approximate.

imacman said:
barbcole said:
Hello- I am looking for the feed settings (approximate pounds per hour) for the different feed settings (1-5) on my St. Croix Hastings.

Hey Barb. Based on what I saw in the specs sheet for your stove, the stove burns from 1.2-4.5 lbs/hr. So heat setting #1 is 1.2, and #5 is 4.5.......my guess its that the other settings would be increasing in a linear way.

Therefore, I'm guessing that #2 = 2.0, #3 = 2.8, and #4 = 3.6. These are approximate.

Looks like your numbers should be about right. I looked in my St. Croix dealers technical guide and did not see them listed for the different feed settings but I may have overlooked it.

Stay Warm,

AR

ARGlock said:
imacman said:
barbcole said:

Looks like your numbers should be about right. I looked in my St. Croix dealers technical guide and did not see them listed for the different feed settings but I may have overlooked it.

Stay Warm,

AR

From my experience with my St. Croix Pepin that's about right... during a cold snap I can use a 40# bag in about 11-12 hours at setting #4.

Status
Not open for further replies.