St. Croix Hastings issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

funkadelic1022

Feb 12, 2011
Central New York
I recently cleaned my Hastings out for the spring. Took all the ash I could lay my hands and vacuum on out. I also used the leaf blower trick, much to my children's amusement. I came back in and went to turn the stove on just to check that it still worked after all my internal tinkering. I did not take the fans or any other internal workings out of the stove. I used the vacuum to get into them as easily as possible. When I pushed the On/Off button nothing happened. The stove currently has no fuel in it. Should the light have turned on? Is the fuse blown? If it is the later, how do I get the fuse out to change it? Is there something else I should be looking for? Thanks for all you help everyone!

Hey, I noticed your in CNY. If you bought that stove from Fireside Chatts, just call us up. If we can schedule when we are in the area, we'll take a look at it for free.

Not trying to be snide, but is it plugged in and is there power at that outlet?
My Afton Bay has a fuse in the control panel, unplug the unit and remove the screws for the cover; the fuse is on the circuit board. Yours may be the same.
Is your thermostat calling for heat, or are you in manual mode?

As per your owners manual:

"I turned the stove on with the On/Off switch and nothing happens'.

First check to see if the stove is plugged in and the receptacle has power to it.

Solution: Check the fuse on the back of the control board. Replace with a 250 Volt, 5 Amp
fuse. Part Number 80P20057-R".

BTW, as for not removing the blowers during your end of the year cleaning, according to your owners manual:

"The Exhaust Fan and Room Fan should be removed and cleaned annually......"

The fuses are available in hardware stores, it's just a miniature glass fuse on mine.

I hate when that happens... :-S

I have the St croix Hastings stove and have the same issue. I have replaced my igniter and versa grate system rod and the stove was fine until the other night when we had a power glitch. This caused the fuse to blow in the control board. Changed the fuse and tested all the motors on the stove and the stove started up but igniter did not light and the control board was not reacting the way it should of. After a few minutes another fuse blew out. Not sure what to do now. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.