St Croix Hastings stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abe1

May 13, 2009
western Wi
I have had a St Croix Hasting stove for 3 seasons now...just now the nbr 3 red light blinks....it doesn't appear to be anything that the manual indicated other than ash buildup...I cleaned it as always (weekly) with a bit more ash than normal....the stove would start, but stops and shuts down....after I took off the exhaust blower and jambed a wire in to remove more ash, it started w/o the blinking light, but still wasn't flaming as it should after a clean out....I think there is some area (of ash build up) that I haven't been able to get at that might be causing this...I go in to the two removeable doors with a small brush, a lawn mower cable and then a large brush to get the ash....

Any help, suggestions, guidance?

Try the leaf blower cleaning method, it really works well. But try to unplug the stove and allow it to reset then restart and see what happens.

The # 3 light is for proof of fire if the exhaust temp doesnt reach 110* the stove will just shut down ,you mentioned the stove ran but did it build a fire?If not check to see if your igniter is working,I suspect thats were your problem lies. If you dont have a fire try putting a 1/2 cup of pellets in the burn pot with some starter gel light manually then start the stove. :)

not sure about the blinking but, after 3 seasons,you need to clean that stove using a leafblower.

Do a search here for "leafblower"...

Status
Not open for further replies.