St Croix Parts Online?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mkmh

Jul 15, 2007
Southern, Maine
Does anyone know of any shops thats sell parts online? Specifically I am looking for a Convection (room air) Blower and i'd like to price out the combustion fan as well.
Nothing has failed yet, but My convection fan is looking pretty "gacked up" with dust bunnies. I have vacuumed it out during regular cleanings, but never removed it so i'm thinking I will need to replace it over the summer.
I have tried calling some of the local dealers and nobody has anything in stock, and I have yet to obtain a firm price quote.

Stove is a St Croix Hastings

This past February I put a new room blower in my stove.
Couldn't find anything online but a dealer about 30 miles
from me took my order and cc over the phone and had the
blower drop shipped to me. I had it in a week as I recall.
Can't find the sales slip right now but I think it cost me
a total of $122 shipping included.

These fans require that the impeller be removed from the motor shaft for a good cleaning. Blow out the motor openings with compressed air. I use a small screwdriver to scrape off the crud on the impeller and then soap and water with a stiff brush.Lots of crevices but a good half hour makes it like new.
John

Thanks, yeah I will start with a good cleaning but I know i've neglected this part for sure.

Zeta have you had to replace the combustion fan yet? That one is also kind of tough to get too, so I have not kept it as clean as i'd like.
Ideally I want to go into this winter with some of the repair parts on hand...since this will be winter number 4...and I have yet to replace anything on the stove.

Only part I've had to replace was the room blower (convection blower?)
But the other one is actually easier to get to on my stove.
Open the side door and it's right there held down with 4 bolts I think it is.
I'm going into winter #4 with mine as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.