ST Croix pellett stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbi

Feb 11, 2013
My stove quit blowing the heat out. Can anyone tell me if it is the convection fan or the combustion fan that blows the heat out. I don't want to order the wrong one

my stove quit blowing heat, it has a convection fan and a combustion fan, can any tell me which on blows the heat out of the stove

I joined your threads together so that hopefully the combined info may be helpful, however, I think you are a bit short on describing what is going on (or not going on) with your stove exactly.

For the best possible help, you need to be specific. Just add a reply at the bottom of this page.

Good luck and welcome to the site.

pen

One of the fans quit working, the stove runs but blows no heat out the tubes on the top. the stove overheats because it is not blowing heat.

Convection fan, but might be a bad snap switch. Tell us what model to get better idea of your problem as may be very cheap to fix or run the fan without the switch temporarly.

Reactions: pen
I have a st Croix Lancaster model, the fan has been noisy off and on, and again, I am not sure which one. It is ususally when I first start it. yesterday the stove got so hot it kicked out the high limit switch and I burned my leg through my jeans that is how hot the stove it self was,.

Sounds like the bearings went south. Wish I could. Never poked around a Lancaster. Someone here may chime in as to help with an easy fan access tip. I dont have the manual downloaded. They now have a similar model called the Element.

the back comes off and the sides open it is easy to get to. I just don't want to fork out 200 and it be the wrong fan. it is the only heat I have in my home
I haven't priced new ones either, it may not be worth fixing

The fan-fans for the room air are on each side of of a motor. Should be easy to figure out when you remove the sides.

It was cleaned and oiled about a month ago. the picture I saw of the convection fan shows that you get them both is that not the case. It gets taken apart and completely cleaned once or twice a season. I was working fine when I lit it yesterday, then it all of a sudden quit feeding we found the high limit switch to have been tripped, fixed that and it seemed to work fine next thing I know it is hot and no heat is coming out and the fan is not running.

sounds like the convection fan went. a few yrs ago my combustion fan went south and with that the stove wouldnt even fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.