St Croix Pepin combustion fan????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doublea88

Oct 28, 2009
SE CT
Question?? Just noticed that fan is not going up nor down rpm wise on my pepin? All was fine yesterday, I come home from work today and turn the dial up some and didn't notice fan speed increasing? Manual has brief schematic on wiring diag. but fan is running on medium? weird?

The fan speed on my stove stays the same unless I'm on #5 or #6... then you can hear it increase. Is your rheostat working OK?

I really don't know? I've been running it for 2 weeks now. Bought it used and took it apart and cleaned the hell out of it. The stove works great! It might be me? when I first turned the dial on all settings it would go either up or down, but today I turned it up with it on 1,2,3,4 and 5 and it didn't do anything? stayed @ the same speed. When I run on 5 or 6 the convection fan blows on high thru the heat exchanger, which the manual says it will. Don't know what happened to the other fan speed though. Again, being new to the pellet stove world, I love it. Beats the hell out of paying 5-800 a month to the city utility co. Need 1 for the basement now. I am a plumb. n heating contractor, so I have knowledge on this sort of thing, figured I would ask the pro pellet guys on the site. thnx...

The Pepin is a great stove... should work well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.