St. Croix Pepin fan issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tcantalupo

Jan 26, 2009
Candia NH
Hello -
I'm new to the group so please forgive me if this has been discussed somewhere before. I didn't find anything in my forum search so here goes...

I have a St. Croix Pepin that I bought ~5 years ago. I've serviced it every year and received a "talking to" about doing a better job cleaning it out. I've done better but I think the years of NOT doing better have finally bitten me in the butt.

Right now one of the fans - don't know if it's convection or exhaust - is making a loud whirring sound. If I turn the stove off, it shuts off; everything shuts off. Normally, the exhaust fan would continue until the stove reached a cool temp and shut off but ... not anymore.

So, my mission was to find the #*!) part numbers for the fan(s). Neither the operation manual nor the installation manual has helped in that department. I sent eventempinc an email in weak hopes of hearing from them. I've turned to the online community for help/guidance as that is typically the way to go these days.

I have a couple of questions:
1) Does it sound like replacing the fan(s) would be enough?
2) Is the the fact that the temp sensor doesn't seem to be working another concern or related?

Thanks in advance for your attention!

Moved to the pellet forum for more st croix user exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.