St. Croix Prescott EXL Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tchdngrnby

Oct 7, 2009
Puget Sound Washington
Here is the photo of my install. I only light off the woodstove to get the house up to temperature and then the St. Croix keeps me in the 68 degree range (burning on level 3) as long as the temps here in western Washington stay out of the low 20's. The stoves are installed in the basement. I installed 2 registers between the basement and the main floor and installed two 9" bracket fans to force the heat up. I also installed a 20" fan in the stairwell (which is on the opposite side of the house) to return air to the basement. So far so good.

Attachments

• PB130350-1.jpg
    PB130350-1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 324
Looks great lot's of fuel there for you. But why would you install two stoves next to each other?

Wish I could afford something like that setup. I'd do it a lot different, a lot cheaper, and have one hellacious party.

Fish On said:
Looks great lot's of fuel there for you. But why would you install two stoves next to each other?

It is a fairly mild climate out here in Western WA (except as of late!). The photo shows both stoves burning as I had been away for awhile with the t-stats set at 45. Returning to a cold house I'll usually burn both stoves until the house comes up to temperature and then let the wood stove go out. The house was not well insulated and I have been pecking away at installing new doors, windows, and reinsulating one wall at a time as time and funds permit. Homes of this era are all old style electric baseboard or wall heaters that I refuse to turn on. I'll keep the wood stove around mainly for a back up source of heat only. Here are a couple of photos of what I am trying to heat.

Attachments

• P5260015.jpg
    P5260015.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 217
  • P5200002.jpg
    P5200002.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 211
Status
Not open for further replies.