St. Croix Prescott EXP Wont Light

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Csilva1129

Sep 15, 2014
NH
Hello, I am new to pellet stoves and I recently purchased a home with a St.Croix. Prescott EXP. After looking through some online resources I already know that my control box is discontinued. That being said I am assuming that it should still work to light the stove. When I first turned it on the number two light start flashing and shut down. I resolved that by cleaning out the stove and the exhaust vent. Now when it turns on the #1 lights up and the on off switch blinks. After a bit the auger starts and drops pellets into the fire box. This is all it does and it never actually lights and I have let it sit there for almost 15 minutes. If anyone has some information or point me in the right direction that would be great, thank you.

Sounds like a bad igniter.

Status
Not open for further replies.