St Croix Revolution newbe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maacac said:
Thanks,

Forgot to rotate the burn pot.. AND THE DRINK!!!!!

The 2 most important parts of the operation. See, told you I'm not just another pretty face. I have a mind.

What's everyone doing with their ashes?

revo said:
What's everyone doing with their ashes?

Dumping them in the ash bucket.When it gets full I'll either dump it in the garden, or on the driveway if it's slippery.

We have an trash can just outside the basement door and dump the ashes in there this winter. In the spring we also plan to put in either the garden or on the numerous flower areas my wife has around the house.

Thanks, most of the ideas I've heard was in the garden. On the slippery driveway is a new one. Isn't that a little messy?

Snowing here now so I tested my idea on running both furnaces. Turned on the forced air while the Revolution was running and boy did I get some warm air in a hurry! They both seemed to work great and it took the temp up real fast! Stood there and stared at the flame in the Rev like a little kid wishing for a new toy. Ran the forced air for a few minutes then shut it off. Seems like this will be the trick for those nasty days to come..........

revo said:
Thanks, most of the ideas I've heard was in the garden. On the slippery driveway is a new one. Isn't that a little messy?

Not really. It's a gravel drive, and quite steep, ash either washes off or goes down into the gravel.

hossthehermit said:
revo said:

Not really. It's a gravel drive, and quite steep, ash either washes off or goes down into the gravel.
My mind was stuck on a concrete drive.......duh

100_4034.jpg

Hey guys. I loaded the hopper full of corn today to try burning 100% corn. I can get corn from a local farmer for 190 a ton. I recently just payed 250 a ton for wood pellets. I switched the furnace back to program #1 for the corn and fired her up. It seems to be working fine, although its less heat since I switched to program #1, before I was running #4. Its about 36 degrees outside and 65 inside. We just had a light snowfall.

You might try Program #2 and put the heat setting at 4 and see what that does.

Sounds a bit cool in the house.

The above is what I have mine set at for pellets and it is 70 in the house. I am a bit north and a bit colder out today, but the furnace is keeping up.

My dealer here said he would mix corn and pellets together. I can't get corn that cheap here though.

Thats a good idea maacac, im going to switch to program #2 right now. Its hard for me to get up to 70, it takes forever. My feet are cold and i have socks on! I moved the damper around and waited and watched the fire, ended up putting it back to its normal spot.

Can you change the program without it being shutdown and cooled off? Thought I read that in the manual....

Juan,

This morning with temperatures similar to yours, the house started out at 66 and 7 a.m. By noon, it was 69 and has stayed between 69 and 70 the rest of the day.

I have it on a programable thermostat for cooler at night, but it does take a while to warm back up.

Revo is right. To change the program to a different setting, you need to wait until the combustion fan goes off which means the furnace is cooled down. The heat settings can be changed while the furnace is on.

maacac said:
Juan,

This morning with temperatures similar to yours, the house started out at 66 and 7 a.m. By noon, it was 69 and has stayed between 69 and 70 the rest of the day.

I have it on a programable thermostat for cooler at night, but it does take a while to warm back up.

My situation is identical to yours maacac only, I am on program #3 with heat at #3 also. I seem to use a bag of pellets a day.

Today it was on most the day. When my wife started cooking dinner the oven puts off enough heat to shut down the furnace for awhile. With the snow flying now I'm sure the pellets will go to a couple bags a day.

The Fan voltages can be fine-tuned while the furnace is in
operation by pressing and holding the “Auger Feed” button down
and then either pressing the “Trim High” button to advance the
voltages higher, or pressing the “Trim Low” button to decrease the
fan voltages.
There are 5 levels on the control board and they are indicated by single
flash of the LED’s. The default setting is the center LED. This gives 2
adjustments increasing the voltage (LED’s 4 & 5) and 2 adjustments
decreasing the voltage. (LED’s 1 & 2) The voltage is increased or
decreased 2.5 volts with each adjustment.

Does this mean that the blower will put out more ????

Maacac, yes program 2 did help, thanks. but I can definitely tell the difference between #2 and #4 with pellets. I think im going to have to keep it at a more constant temp with less temperature swings. I have it programmed to cool down during the day and night. I think it can do better just maintaining on pilot instead of varying highs and lows in order to save a few pellets/kernels. Im burning at least 2 bags of pellets a day, maybe 2.5.

Revo, I believe the "fan" they are talking about is the combustion fan, not the supply blower. The combustion fan can be varied due to different vent set ups, longer runs probably will require more draft.

That makes sense....Thanks
We now have snow and ice all day and 30 temp. will probably go to almost 2 bags for the day.......ouch

Status
Not open for further replies.