St Croix Revolution

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwalker

Sep 26, 2009
lancaster, PA
Hi everyone,
I am loooking at adding a St Croix Revolution furnace to my electric heat pump. I am new to this so I know very little. From what I read, this seems to be an OK model. I have a cape code with @ 1800 square feet to heat. The furnace will be in the basement. Will the BTU output on this be enough to heat my house? I live in Lancaster PA.

Also, the manual said not ot use this with an AC. My Heat pump also has AC on it so can I still hook it up to the duct work or not.

What is a typcal price I should be paying for this?

Although I have no dealing with addinga furnace, I am mechanically inclinded and was wondering if installation is something that can do on my own. If not, what should I expect to pay to have someone do it?

Any help or comments will be appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff

jwalker said:
Hi everyone,
I am loooking at adding a St Croix Revolution furnace to my electric heat pump. I am new to this so I know very little. From what I read, this seems to be an OK model. I have a cape code with @ 1800 square feet to heat. The furnace will be in the basement. Will the BTU output on this be enough to heat my house? I live in Lancaster PA.

Also, the manual said not ot use this with an AC. My Heat pump also has AC on it so can I still hook it up to the duct work or not.

What is a typcal price I should be paying for this?

Although I have no dealing with addinga furnace, I am mechanically inclinded and was wondering if installation is something that can do on my own. If not, what should I expect to pay to have someone do it?

Any help or comments will be appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff

My house is a little smaller, @1400 sq., but heated it easily all last winter until I ran out of pellets. Don't know about running w/ AC, mine is tied into the same ductwork as my oil furnace. Not sure about prices this year, I paid about $3400 in June of '08. I installed mine in 2 days w/ help from a friend, could have done it in 1 but had to pick up a couple more parts.

Thanks for the info. I read the owners manual and I am going to probably install it myself with som ehelp from a friend. It doesnt really seem that hard to be honest.

I called serveral distributers and out fo teh 4 I called. only 1 said that they even sold corn furnaces..They thought there was a manufacturing hold on the revolution for some issues. They are going to check on this on Monday for me. of course, they dont stock it so it will be a longer delivery. Is there a # to call for technical help at the St Croix factory? I dont always feel comfortable always believing what dealers say as being completely right.

Thanks
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.