St Croix stoves should include a leaf blower in the box!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rickwai

Minister of Fire
Nov 1, 2011
ohio
I had 2 Lancasters this week that the leaf blower was the only tool that would clear the exhaust path. Both customers complained of a dirty burn, shutting down w/#2 flash. I checked them and both were only pulling a .1. I cleaned them both completely. Pulled comb. fans brushed up the ash traps ect. Only got maybe 1/4 point increase. I had everything as clean as it could be with a shop vac. Then I hooked up leaf blower, Ran it for maybe 30 sec. w/ door open and vac switch unhooked. Checked draft, right back up to .3!!!!!!!!!!!!!There are places in the older St Croix that you can not get to!! A clean St Croix should pull about .3 w/ near wide open intake air shutter. Hope this info helps someone else!!!

Not the only stove that the tools package should include a High Power Exhaust Tool.

Not sure how the emoticons got on there..

Edit?:)

Nah, with enough time, a flexible shaft on a rotating device, a lot of firewall thumping, and a snorkel for the vac you can get at it. But it is much more fun with the high air flow devices ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.