St. Croix tube scraper rod unattached!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Poleyo

Jan 29, 2015
Valatie NY
In my 2008 St. Croix Prescott the scraper rod is no longer attached to the heat tube scraper. There is a disc at the end of the rod that was presumably (?) soldered to the scraper. This doesn't seem like 'buy a replacement' fix. Any ideas how to reattach it short of soldering? Or any tips on how to solder? I have an electronics soldering iron and a stained glass soldering iron. Could it be done with one of those and a different kind of solder?
Thanks, Ande

IMG_5152.jpg

welded or brazed, solder to low heat wise. in any case will have to cleaned up real good to get a solid joint

welded or brazed, solder to low heat wise. in any case will have to cleaned up real good to get a solid joint
Hello
It actually is a replacement fix since the new rod comes with threads at the end and a nuts to bolt it to the rake. In my case I could not get the disc off the end so I cut the rod with a dremel and cutoff disc. :)

Last edited: