Stacked cherry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
Stacked the cherry I scrounged a couple of days ago.
Cherry sure smells better when burning than when splitting.

Attachments

• cherry stacked.jpg
    cherry stacked.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 374
Cherry should smell good any time. Picture is a bit blurry. Are you sure this is cherry?

I split some borderline punk cherry last weekend and even that smelled good.

Backwoods Savage said:
Cherry should smell good any time. Picture is a bit blurry. Are you sure this is cherry?

I thought the same thing at the time, but even had the leaves to confirm. It was very pungent.
My phone camera $%&^#

gzecc said:

gzecc looks good, I've split my share of Cherry and never remember it smelling.

zap

zapny said:
gzecc said:

gzecc looks good, I've split my share of Cherry and never remember it smelling.

zap
There was an area of this trunk that was rotten from insect damage. It probably gave of the stink!

I split some cherry last week and the smell was not strong but if you hold a split up close ou can smell the cherry.

Backwoods Savage said:

I agree . . . I can never help myself . . . when I'm splitting cherry I always find myself sniffing a few pieces.

After much concern that my stacked cherry is not stacked cherry I took a close up. Let me know what else it could be.

Attachments

• cherry closeup.jpg
    cherry closeup.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 212
Any cherry that I have split always had the distinctive cherry smell; had to hold the split close to smell it, but it was there!

Status
Not open for further replies.