Stacked cleaned with Peace of Mind!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NordicSplitter

Minister of Fire
May 22, 2011
Western,NY
Had one of the guys that actually installed my Jotul F600 come out for an early spring cleaning this morning. Some of you may remember the post I put up a few days ago about a crackling sound in my stack that made me freak out. Well all is good. He said after a heavier than normal burn season everything looks great. Just some flaking of creosote on my cap was probably falling down and crackling. He inspected the stove entirely and said..."Great job burning...see you after 20 face cords", I even had him check out my wood stacks to see if he thought they were seasoned enough. Out of the 18 face cords I have left, he said about 15 I could burn today! Coming from a guy doing this for over 20 years...that sure gives me Peace of Mind. :)

Reactions: PA. Woodsman
Status
Not open for further replies.