Stacking and Splitting Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Decided to empty the truck of the load of cherry plus the little wagon and stack it this morning, that took about one hour. Then headed to the woods so I could split two cherry and one maple tree plus some of the quaking aspen.

Picture 100_1380 is the trail I had to make (after I split the second cherry) down to the sugar maple that I split.

Attached are some pictures.

Attachments

• 100_1381.jpg
    100_1381.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 374
  • 100_1369.jpg
    100_1369.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 375
  • 100_1376.jpg
    100_1376.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 372
  • 100_1378.jpg
    100_1378.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 359
  • 100_1379.jpg
    100_1379.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 376
  • 100_1380.jpg
    100_1380.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 318
Zap,

How much do you have cut,split and stacked?

Your a Madman. :lol:

Ratman a tractor would be nice. Hiram Maxim I have about 39 face cord stacked with another 8-10 face cord of beech that needs to be stacked plus some in the woods, splitting some more Saturday plus hauling some out to finish a row of two face cord.

zap

With that much it's time to move up to full cords!
Nice pics - thanks!

Starting to sound like a mama calling her 12 yo "baby" a 124 month old!

That;s a whole lotta cords!

tickbitty said:
Starting to sound like a mama calling her 12 yo "baby" a 124 month old!

That;s a whole lotta cords!

Or a mother calling her 124 month old child ten and one-third years old!

LOL! That would be a stupid mama who don't know her math! Meant to type 144!

tickbitty said:
LOL! That would be a stupid mama who don't know her math! Meant to type 144!

Or wait, if it works like cords, we'd have to measure the kid to see whether he is really 10 or 12 years old depending on his height.

Where about are you located Zap? What state? Doesn't say in your info. Just curious I thought you might be in Michigan.

IPLUMB said:
Where about are you located Zap? What state? Doesn't say in your info. Just curious I thought you might be in Michigan.
According to the link in his sig...
Zap’s Print Shop is located in Massena, NY

Hiram Maxim said:
Zap,

How much do you have cut,split and stacked?

Your a Madman. :lol:

Hiram Maxim I took Sunday off, my brain said go work but my body said I need a rest. The only work I did was chipping some dead pine branches later in the day, the chips I'm going to use for leveling the area I will be stacking in next. I have two small pines that need to come down plus a stump that has to go then the final push is on for the 8-10 face cord of beech, sugar maple and some ash that I want up before the snow hits.

Hope it's stacked by the end of September.

Zap

Good work Zap! We've had some great weather the past few days...breezy, dry and sunny. Perfect wood drying weather. I moved around a few splits yesterday afternoon. Organized the stacks a bit.

Skier76 said:
Good work Zap! We've had some great weather the past few days...breezy, dry and sunny. Perfect wood drying weather. I moved around a few splits yesterday afternoon. Organized the stacks a bit.

Skier76 we had a damp Monday with some rain, hopefully tonight I'll have the stacking area ready and some pictures. Skier76 were you in CT OR VT?

zap

We were up in VT. It was humid Friday, but once the storm pulled off the coast, dry and breezy all weekend. The chill is in the air at night too.

Status
Not open for further replies.