Stacking Cherry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Here are some pictures of the stacking I did tonight, this Cherry was cut and split over one year ago. Had four wagon loads of wood, will finish up Wednesday. I have a little over four F/C to stack then I'll have 21 face cord ready for 2010-2011 heating season..

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0668.jpg
    100_0668.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 287
  • 100_0669.jpg
    100_0669.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 300
  • 100_0671.jpg
    100_0671.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 271
  • 100_0672.jpg
    100_0672.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 288
  • 100_0673.jpg
    100_0673.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 314
wood spliter said:
Great job I wish I was that far ahead

Thanks wood spliter, we will start hauling out from the woods this week or weekend.

zap

I just bucked up a cherry the loggers left on my neighbors land. It was at least 50 feet of straight wood with hardly any limbs. My mailman said it would have been good for furniture, but too late now.

Split it all with my handy Chopper axe, but found out my ole body only lets me do about one wagon's worth at a time.

Nice side by side you have there. ;-)

Shipper

Shipper50 said:
I just bucked up a cherry the loggers left on my neighbors land. It was at least 50 feet of straight wood with hardly any limbs. My mailman said it would have been good for furniture, but too late now.

Split it all with my handy Chopper axe, but found out my ole body only lets me do about one wagon's worth at a time.

Shipper

shipper you get some nice ones I will come down there and mill them. Mine should be up and running in the next few days waiting on an aux oiler.

Shipper50 said:

Thanks Shipper50, glad the wife wanted to buy the Rhinot. :)

Zap

Shipper

Zap, the more I look at that buggy of yours the better I like it. Now for that wagon, if I lived close, you'd have to chain it to a tree!

Status
Not open for further replies.