Stacking Not Finished Tonight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zapny said:
Stacked the Cherry and Beech, the stake on the Beech end hit a rock so I'm piling it the correct way on one end.

zap

are those posts ur using on the end fence post from home depot. i was looking at those the other night. howd you put them in the ground just pound them. i want them to hold. think theyd need to be supported somehow . i was thinking of concreting them in the ground.

ecocavalier02 said:
zapny said:
Stacked the Cherry and Beech, the stake on the Beech end hit a rock so I'm piling it the correct way on one end.

zap

are those posts ur using on the end fence post from home depot. i was looking at those the other night. howd you put them in the ground just pound them. i want them to hold. think theyd need to be supported somehow . i was thinking of concreting them in the ground.

ecocavalier the last ones we bought came from Lowes, I just pound them in with a sledge hammer, some will move by the following spring.

zap

Yeah I was looking at something similar. Definantly going to be picking those up this fall.

ecocavalier02 said:
Yeah I was looking at something similar. Definantly going to be picking those up this fall.

I just saw your lot and stacks of wood looks real good.

zap

Keep an eye on TSC for them. They often have them cheap late in the season. You may also find that having someone other than your wife hold them while you hit them with the sledge is a good idea.

+1 Or get a "T" post driver. Chunk of pipe with handles, capped on one end. If your soil is rocky, well worth the $30.

we were having a good time tonite zap :)

DSC07900.jpg

3 rows in and room for 3 more...

zapny said:
ecocavalier02 said:

zap

thank you. this year ive been cutting everything exact taking my time and marking them all 16 inch for stacking purposes. looks ten times better and much more stable and more for reason that i cant stand when its uneven. i think i have ocd

ecocavalier02 said:
zapny said:
ecocavalier02 said:

zap

thank you. this year ive been cutting everything exact taking my time and marking them all 16 inch for stacking purposes. looks ten times better and much more stable and more for reason that i cant stand when its uneven. i think i have ocd

check out the bottom of the stack %-P things went south on me after a few Old Milwaukee's :)

put the bar down and straight as an arrow now...

DSC07913.jpg

and dont mind the "2" dogs playing on the bike :cheese:

loon said:
ecocavalier02 said:
zapny said:
ecocavalier02 said:

zap

check out the bottom of the stack %-P things went south on me after a few Old Milwaukee's :)

put the bar down and straight as an arrow now...

DSC07913.jpg

and dont mind the "2" dogs playing on the bike :cheese:

Looks great, I like the helpers.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.