stacking pics please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NitroDave said:
CowboyAndy said:
I wish my pile had changed since the last pics I posted...

unfortunatly it has not.

:(

At least they have not fallen over yet.. ;-P

this is true, and I hope they don't (knock on wood). I use 20" long pieces, so the rows are surprisingly stable. We have had a few wind storms, one with 40+ gusts and it was all good. The rows go parrallel to the wind direction, so I think that helps. Earlier in the summer I had some big rounds stacked in the backyard awaiting splitting that were perpendicular to the wind and collapsed within a few days.

Haven't posted in awhile, but thought I'd get in on this one.
This stack got finished in Aug., and is on the north side of a field with a lot of wind and good southern exposure ( not so much now, winter and all). Mostly oak, with about a cord of soft maple, and some pine and what is called popple around here. 80 ft. long, and mostly 6ft. high, average 16". 5 cords, if my math is right.
The oak is from a log load I had delivered a year ago (Sept. '07). Getting dryer as I'm typing, love it!

Attachments

• IMG_2951redo.jpg
    IMG_2951redo.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 296
Status
Not open for further replies.