Stacking some gnarly stuff.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Have the gnarly wood all split & stacked, so it looks like tomorrow will be the day the GMC gets unloaded,split & stacked. The wood in the back of the truck is Sugar Maple & Cherry.

I thought this dead barkless tree was maple but when I split it some have orange markings inside. (elm?)

zap

Attachments

• 100_4467.jpg
    100_4467.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 494
  • 100_4468.jpg
    100_4468.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 494
  • 100_4469.jpg
    100_4469.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 487
Looks like maple zap?

supposed to be nice and sunny here tomorrow and will be heading into the woods ;-)

Man, working on christmas. Your definitely living the good life. I thought about saying to the ol lady...lets get wood, but didn't dare. Nice pics

Not sure on that wood zap. Sure doesn't look like the elm I've done. I've seen the red/Orange streaks in boxelder tho. I split 2/3 cords this morning before I had to leave for work today. :(

Backwoods said:
Man, working on christmas. Your definitely living the good life. I thought about saying to the ol lady...lets get wood, but didn't dare. Nice pics

Backwoods, after taking yesterday off and not doing a thing but eat fudge,cookies and pretzel salad it was time to get back to work. Tomorrow I'll finish off that rack with the sugar maple and cherry I took off the hill.

Another 1.5 cord would make me a happy camper, plus getting the shoulder season wood down before any big snow.

zap

Looks good zap!

Zap - how many cord do you estimate you have on property now? Still selling a little, or just replenishing? Cheers!

NH_Wood said:
Zap - how many cord do you estimate you have on property now? Still selling a little, or just replenishing? Cheers!

Should be close to or over 20 cord, that includes the hardwood we burned so far, still have the shoulder season wood for next year that is up in the woods that is not in this count.

If we don't need to we won't sell any this spring, the man I sold some to did ask but I said no, I told him we planned on building the cabin and we want to mill more of the wood this spring and summer.

I remember what Sav has said, you never can tell when you can't cut, so I'll keeputting until mother nature puts down a couple of feet of snow.

zap

nice zap...in envy ur stacks...ive cut box elder with red streaks but that doesnt look like box elder...ive also cut dead oak that has red streaks in it...

zapny said:
NH_Wood said:

Should be close to or over 20 cord, that includes the hardwood we burned so far, still have the shoulder season wood for next year that is up in the woods that is not in this count.

If we don't need to we won't sell any this spring, the man I sold some to did ask but I said no, I told him we planned on building the cabin and we want to mill more of the wood this spring and summer.

I remember what Sav has said, you never can tell when you can't cut, so I'll keeputting until mother nature puts down a couple of feet of snow.

zap

I hear ya Zap - I was thinking about selling a little, but not sure if I can let it go! Cheers!

P.S. 20 cord is a great number!

Status
Not open for further replies.