Stacking Wood Against a Tree

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I put saplings and old bark from the dried splits down first. I also always stack the bottom layer with wood that has bark tight on it and stack it bark-down. I anticipate the wood sitting like this for one year, then I'll move it under my lean-to (?) this time of year to continue seasoning out of the weather until the following fall/winter when it will be burned. That should dry it up pretty well. I'm as far ahead as I've ever been since starting this operation, so I'm still figuring as I go!

Uper said:
Yeah, I put saplings and old bark from the dried splits down first. I also always stack the bottom layer with wood that has bark tight on it and stack it bark-down. I anticipate the wood sitting like this for one year, then I'll move it under my lean-to (?) this time of year to continue seasoning out of the weather until the following fall/winter when it will be burned. That should dry it up pretty well. I'm as far ahead as I've ever been since starting this operation, so I'm still figuring as I go!

Should have known that you would have known to have something underneath . . . I mean you don't live where you do without knowing a bit about how to stack wood, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.