Stacking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robzheat said:
What is the best way to stack pellets

Very carefully? :cheese:

You need to be very neat, and carefully line them all up in rows. It helps if you have a bit of a CDO nature (CDO = Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, properly alphabetized) %-P

Gooserider

If they are still in the bags its not to hard, if they are loose it be be a bit of a Bit$%$^h

Make sure to keep them up off the floor (pallets work well for this). If you let them sit flat on the floor the bottom bags will be worthless since they suck up the moisture which turns the pellets back to sawdust.

If you don't over handle them, the bags should stay pretty flat. I stack mine the same way they are delivered, 5 bags per row, 3 side by side and 2 the opposite way. Alternate this pattern for each row. Due to the size of my storage shed, I have 4 tons sitting on pallets with another ton + sitting on top of them.

John

I stacked mine on the garage floor, 5 bags to a layer. Lay 3 vertically and two horizontally. On each layer stack them so that the horiz. and vert. are reversed. That stops it from tipping.

Attachments

• layer1.jpg
    layer1.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 294
  • layer2.jpg
    layer2.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 287
Your description was exactly right PJ. The images are for the visual thinkers in the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.