stacks and a place to watch my ASH!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2008
upstate new york
Built a garage last year and behind it was a mess, finally got it leveled out and boxed in for most of our stacks. As a final touch i built a bench, the dear wife asks why? i say its my little piece of heaven on earth to plant and watch my ASH!!! ooh ya some silver maple too.

Attachments

• misc 026.JPG
    misc 026.JPG
    246.3 KB · Views: 166
  • misc 018.JPG
    misc 018.JPG
    285.4 KB · Views: 154
  • misc 024.JPG
    misc 024.JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 155
Neighbors got any ASH? looks like you could watch their ASH too.

Reactions: ScotO
Looks like you're pretty short on space but stacking the wood next to the wall like that is a sure fire way to infest that new garage with termites or carpenter ants.

Well, it needed to be straightened up, which you did. It looks good, but I would agree with basod and say at least move the row that is right next to the garage.

Nice use of limited space. I assume the lights in the soffit are dimmable to create the proper mood for viewing your ASH?

I understand the concerns about bugs near buildings. I haven't had a problem with stacking next to the building in 8 years doing it but it only gets stacked there after it is dry and the wood is covered. Who knows though, a little further south and not completely dry could put your building at risk.

definately next year it will be moved a little further away. This will be burned first, i was able to squeeze about 6 face back there. i have another 7 that needs to be stacked, thats the next project i have a nice wide walkway on the side of the garage where im hopin to put the rest. here's a pic of the niagara river about 7 miles upstream from niagara falls. i get a nice constant wind for the stacks to dry. the pups waiting for the white stuff again she loves it and then she'll dry out and nap near the stove

Attachments

• garage 016.JPG
    garage 016.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 116
  • salsa and kelsy first snowfall 064.JPG
    salsa and kelsy first snowfall 064.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 126
Nice looking little 'nook back there, Woolybugger! I'd consider laying down (right on the ground) some heavy duty rubber roofing or something impermeable to curb the termites and ants from getting into the wood. When I build my shed, that's what I'm going to do underneath the entire thing.....rubber roofing after I smooth out the ground.....

I like that bench....looks like a good place to go and tilt a few beers back.....==c

thx scotty, thats a great idea all i have now is landscaping fabric down, i was goin to put #2 stone down but that will have to wait till next year. definately i am goin to go with the rubber roofing and #2 stone on top next year. it is a great place to tip a few, i have one house behind me then the river.

Status
Not open for further replies.