Stacks pretty much done. Pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JP11

Minister of Fire
May 15, 2011
Central Maine
It was many years in the planning.. but this was what I had in mind when I built my garage.

JP IMGA0045.jpgIMGA0046.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
man that is some serious weight on those shelves. that looks amazing. half cord in each right?

Not really. It's about 3.3 pallets per cord. Shelves are good for 6420lbs per shelf. Uprights good for 30k.

Looks like Home Depot started selling wood in bulk...... Nice job....

Reactions: CenterTree
That's the best top cover for wood that I've seen. ==c If you're all done, I could use a hand. I stack on pallets but that's where the similarity ends. ;lol

Okay - like you are gonna post a pic with that little machine in it and not get me all interested. What be it?

Okay - like you are gonna post a pic with that little machine in it and not get me all interested. What be it?

Looks like an older, smallish snow cat with the tracks taken off of it. Could be wrong though. There are always a couple used one for sale up the road from me if you want me to keep my eyes peeled, Jags. :p

GOD, I sure hope you have a forklift! ;lol;lol (and a RELIABLE one at that)

Awesome setup!:)

Thought at first it was a Track truck ... without the tracks ... but it doesn't have the regular tire in front.

Looks like a bombi.

Well, you're both wrong. It's a thiokol IMP. A 1968 model. I traded a snowmobile for it. Of course.. I'll double my investment in it once the rear end comes back from rebuild! :) Ring gear had a tooth busted off. Parts alone to fix it is more than I had in the trade in sled. Oh well, it's just another summer project.

As for a forklift.. I'm letting a buddy store a few generators in the garage. Currently have just one 40kw in there. In exchange.. he's letting me use his few year old toyota fork truck. it's good for 5k lbs, even has 6 foot forks. It's just a bit big for what i really need.. but the price is right!

I've been planning and planning my setup for a long time. It's nice to see it come together. 30 pallets will be inside. They lived outside last summer. There's another 20 or so outside right now all ready.

I've got another 32 or so cords in 8' lengths to buck and split. Just a bit more work around the house first. got to get rid of my old busted pallets and a lot of the scrap lumber from the garage build. I should have kindling for a while once i get cleaning!

JP

The maiden voyage from the garage to the house... confirming the clunk-CLUNK when it would hit that spot on the ring gear.

unit is only about 6'8" wide. Powered by a ford V4 motor. Same as the old Saab Sonnet.

Two transmissions. One on the engine, another on the rear end. It's brake steer like a bulldozer. 12 forward, 4 reverse gears.
DSC_2130 copy.jpg DSC_2130 copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice, another jealous member here!

Nice stacking of the wood, and the IMP is sooooo cool.

Yeah, that imp is really nice. Especially if all those attachments work with it.

not quite. just the black plow. the other stuff is for my kubota. The whole reason for the height of the building is MAYBE down the road the wife and I would like to have a motor home. So we built the height accordingly. It's just nice to be able to get stuff you don't need UP and out of the way. I've got 3 pallets of wood that I hope will last me thru a bunch of the summer. But BOY.. it's COLD tonight. got another fire going.

JP

Awesome set up there man, two thumbs up

"Up" is a wonderful thing!! Is that a treadmill on the third floor? Do you use a Stairmaster to get up there? :)

"Up" is a wonderful thing!! Is that a treadmill on the third floor? Do you use a Stairmaster to get up there? :)
The thing you're talking about.. black part up high.. that's the plow for the snowcat. It's standing up vertical. Wood's going to go up there, but for now it gets the plow out of the way. I've got a couple pallets of hemlock that was split this winter. It'll be my last to burn, so likely spring 15.

Reactions: Soundchasm
The thing you're talking about.. black part up high.. that's the plow for the snowcat. It's standing up vertical. Wood's going to go up there, but for now it gets the plow out of the way. I've got a couple pallets of hemlock that was split this winter. It'll be my last to burn, so likely spring 15.

You are the man!

Status
Not open for further replies.