Stainless liner question. Last one I promise.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

damifino

Oct 12, 2008
N. W. Indiana
There is not much of a connection where the tee and the short connector pipe meet. It is straped on good with the stainless
band but the two only overlap each other by 1/2 inch . All the other connections overlap a couple inches. If I am missing
something please share your thoughts. If I was not clear, I am talking about a stainless liner kit.

Thanks

The connector pipe is call the "snout". And your connection to the tee sounds like how pretty much all of them are. A lot of people say just leave it like it is and it seals fine. I seal the area where they meet with furnace cement from inside the snout.

I sealed my per BrotherBart's suggestion and haven't seen any problems by doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.