Stainless Radiant Heat Manifolds

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

afblue

Feeling the Heat
Sep 1, 2009
Buffalo, NY
http://www.pexsupply.com/Rifeng-RHM08-50PK-8-Loop-Stainless-Steel-Manifold-Package-1-2-PEX

So what is everyone's opinon on manifold packages? Looking at the Prices for Rifeng and Mr Pex systems they seem very affordable, and It cleans up and packages alot of PEX plumbing. By the time I make all my manifolds out of copper, isolation valves, making sure the loops are the same length, having temp gauges, air vents and system drains.

My system design plan:
1st Floor: 4 staple up radiant loops ~300ft each.
2nd Floor: 3 Bedrooms with flat panel radiators in each room, plus main bathroom that will have a poured radiant floor, and a hydronic towel radiator.

Possible additions: Basement panel radiators, maybe even a small section of snow melting for a small section of sidewalk.

I really like how I can have control of all the loops, so I can adjust the output of each loop, balance the flow, Zone the loops individually. I want to be able to isolate the living room loop, from the others, so I can turn it off if we have a fire going in the fireplace. For the rooms upstairs Instead of having a mechanical thermastatic valve on the radiator, I can have a thermostat that controls the valve in the basement, for very close to the same price.

How robust are these systems, as far as the isolation valves, and the flowmeters?

Alot of views but no opinions?

I bought some similar ones from pex supply and haven't had any trouble with them. I believe any parts susceptible to breaking can be replaced.

woodsmaster said:
I bought some similar ones from pex supply and haven't had any trouble with them. I believe any parts susceptible to breaking can be replaced.

Did you use the Isolation valves to separate the zones, or did you run them all together and just control the circulation pump to them?

I have one to the radiant floor in the shop and on that one I have the flow rate higher to the pex under the office and bath area so it stays warmer there than the rest of the shop.

On the house I'm leaving the flow meters all open and controlling the rad panels with thermostatic valves with home runs to each room.

Status
Not open for further replies.