Stainless T connector

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go for a 600F burn now. The stove is broken in except for the final paint baking. That will probably set off the detectors unless you have a nearby window open with a fan in it exhausting the smoke.

Looks like a nice installation Clark77. Have you checked the clearance on your mantle. In the photos it looks to me like it might be a bit too close to the top of the stove. I'm assuming the mantle is made of wood. Check the clearance requirement in your manual if you aren't sure on what it needs to be. If you are too close it's a quick fix with a heat shield attached to the underside of the mantle. Before you get the stove cranking up to 600F you might want to check on this. Good Luck.

Look closely in the picture, I have a shield under there mantle. Clearance in the book is 35". I'm at 17.5".
Here's a better pic of the shield that I put in last week.

20150208_160934.jpg

Go for a 600F burn now. The stove is broken in except for the final paint baking. That will probably set off the detectors unless you have a nearby window open with a fan in it exhausting the smoke.

Would you suggest that I let I the stove cool after the 500-600 degree burn or just keep it going?

Keep it going. The stove is broken in.

Sounds good. Going to be a cold one tonight and tomorrow. And the rest of the week for that matter.

I remember your heat shield post. I didn't realize you were the same person. Looking good!

Things are going nicely. Only loading a few splits in and it's burning good.
So much more heat per logs loaded than my regency. Very glad I spent the time to make the block off plate.

Definitely can watch the stove cure. Pretty cool.

20150214_231014.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good! I think you will be happy with the stove. I wouldn't worry about measuring flue temps, just stove top should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.