STANLEY HYRDRAULIC CHAINSAW MODEL CS07

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BrianK

I don't know anything about this ad or the seller except that I stumbled upon it on a local internet classified website. Thought it might interest someone here:

http://classifieds.pennswoods.net/classifieds/viewad.cgi?adindex=1671976

Asking Price: $400.00
Seller will ship item if needed.
For Sale: STANLEY CS07 HYDRAULIC CHAINSAW WITH 16 INCH BAR AND 1 SET OF 8FT. HYDRAULIC HOSES AND ALL FITTINGS,READY FOR USE, THIS SAW WAS BOUGHT AT AN ESTATE SALE ANDTHOUGH IT HASNT BEEN USED IN A FEW YEARS I WAS TOLD IT IS IN PERFECT WORKING CONDITION AQND APPEARS TO BE IN VERY GOOD CONDITION THESE SAWS WERE ABOUT 1,000 NEW CHECKOUT EBAY THERE IS ONE ON THERE RIGHT NOW FOR 590.00 WITH NO HOSES AND THIS SAW IS JUST AS NICE AS THAT ONE!!!! CONTACT 814-952-5490 NO EMAILS,WILL SHIP FOR 50.00$ THANK YOU FOR LOOKING.

Hydraulic saws are primarily used in bucket trucks with quick couplers.

Also used in a lot of firewood processors. There great if ya have a hydraulic PTO around! Nice and quiet!

Can I run it with my log splitter pump?
140.jpg

Not so sure your splitter pump is the right rpm/volume for the saw, BD. Now, wonder if the snowplow hook-ups on the front of the truck will run one?? Maybe time for a backwoods Alaskan experiment!

Also used in a lot of firewood processors. There great if ya have a hydraulic PTO around! Nice and quiet!
I thought I had seen a thread or two here discussing hydraulic saws used in wood processors so I figured it might be worth posting it here in case anyone is looking for one.

We have used hydraulic saws at work fitted with cutoff blades similar to chopsaw blades for cutting rail. They seem to be underpowered compared to our gas saws and I find the hoses are a nusaince. I think they would be alright for cutting wood provided you had a power pack that would run them at the proper rpm.

A splitter & plow pump may move the chain, but I would bet the GPM would be way lower than it should be to make any kind of cut. I would think you would need around 20 GPM.

You need to know the displacement of the motor to calculate RPM for a given pump flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.