Start of 2nd season with insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fitter9

Oct 10, 2013
central jersey
Hi everybody. I have a question about the paint on my lopi insert.
When i was doing maintenance on my stove this past weekend i noticed the paint on the top front around the door was slightly discolored, also a little on the sides near the top. It wasn't white or anything drastic, just a few shades lighter than it was when it was new. i hit it with some stove bright paint and it looks as good as new.
I know i got the stove in the 750 to 850 range a few times as i was learning to operate it. I never had any part of it glow red (other than the secondary tubes).
My question is the discoloration normal or is it due to getting the stove too hot??

probably you got it a little to hot if it wasn't white you didn't over heat it to bad but keep the temps down a little and it wont happen at least not as quick

Do you think the stove bright paint will be equil to factory paint. Lopi shiped it whith the insert when it was new

yeah it will work fine it might even be what they used although not from a spray can

I give ours a coat of paint every other year (Avalon Ranier Insert)

I only touched up the parts that were a bit discolored. BeerBELLY, do you do a break in fire to cure the paint after. or do you just load it up and burn?

Usually it's a small fire at the beginning of the season....it will stink at first

Status
Not open for further replies.