Start of my 2015 stack with my second favourite wood to burn.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hills Hoard

Minister of Fire
Mar 19, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Finally got around to stacking some of the stringy bark i scored from my cousins property. I love this wood and there is plenty more for me to collect when i get back from holidays..i will extend this pile 2 more pallets and build it up higher then i will need to find another spot to start another stack...

wood pile 2.jpg
with my 2014 winter stack in the back ground.....90% seasoned already and i still have this summer to dry it further...you guys have been great motivation to get a few years ahead with seasoning but my wife still thinks im going through a midlife crisis...haha

wood pile 1.jpg

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
wow. that's beautiful work. you put me to shame ;).

Looking good. Split on.

Woods wood. What are those blooms behind the stacks? Leaves look like Rhodos or azalias but the flowers don't. Just wunderin.

Keep up the good work. Just managed to get a few loads of 'blood wood' looks nice but splits strange. The grain goes around the wood spiralling - very ugly splits but it will burn.

cheers fellas....yes, i think they are hydrangeas....but that is my neighbors property....i am constantly spraying weed killer along that section of fence line where their property joins to hold back the continuous surge of wandering jew and black berries!...

bigbarf, you are right, i have left some massive splits in there...1) i want some big ones for overnight burns, and 2) I often chip a few edges off splits for kindling etc...

auzzie, i had a load of cedar that spiraled like that and it was the biggest pain to split...!..haha

Status
Not open for further replies.