Start of this year's cutting. ..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason763

Feb 14, 2016
Wisconsin
Finished my job at the in-laws from last Saturday, dried up enough to move the wood. Wonder how many face cords after split? The fresh row of rounds is 36ft long by average 5ft high, compensated for the 2/3 rack on the left side. Hope to start splitting next weekend if the weather holds. Cherry, walnut and American elm, yay==c
FB_IMG_1457888670478.jpg

That looks like it will be some good splitting. The days are getting longer now with the time change and winter coming to an end. I to can't wait to start splitting again. Should be able to split then easily restack, to bad your so far away looks like you should have a couple great weekends there.

Reactions: Jason763
Yep just found a bed load of poplar. Brought it home and split it up along with a couple of rounds I have stashed. Felt good to swing away again!

That wood on the right looks like it's been there a few years. If it was in my yard it would be full of ants. It's best to get to get those rounds split soon.

That wood on the right looks like it's been there a few years. If it was in my yard it would be full of ants. It's best to get to get those rounds split soon.
The wood on the right is from middle of last summer. We had our first child shortly after and I worked 60 hours a week until Christmas. Just waiting for the ground to firm up enough to get the splitter back there.

Looks like you got your work cut out for ya. Love how neat it is. It seems all the serious wood burners are taking advantage of this good weather and lack of snow pack to get a head start on wood hoarding and processing. I know I have more wood c/s/s than I did back in September. Should be some good splitting there! Stay safe and enjoy!

Reactions: Jason763
Status
Not open for further replies.