Start up FAIL...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

warmncozy

Nov 3, 2009
Southern NH
It was a little cool tonight so I decided to start up my stove, but for some reason it won't feed pellets. I threw a handful in the burnpot and it started up fine, but it still won't feed. I pulled the eye that suppose to tell the stove when to feed and cleaned it...no joy.

Any ideas? It was working fine the last time I used it in the spring.

Does that stove also have a vacuum switch? If so, maybe the tube got plugged up during the last cleaning?

You didn't mention what model of the Traditions stove you have, but the owners manual I looked at mentions a "pressure switch" that's wired in series with the auger motor....see anything like that in the schematic of your manual?

I just looked at my manual and you're right. Where would I find it. My owners manual doesn't show where it is.

I'm hoping to have time to take a closer look tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

warmncozy said:
Where would I find it......

Just follow the auger motor leads....one of them should go right to it. When you find it, disconnect the leads from the switch and connect them together....then try firing the stove. If it works, the switch is bad, or tube is blocked.

You're the best imacman. Turns out my exhaust pipe had a huge clog in it causing the back pressure to trip the switch. I'm not sure how it got so bad, but i'm going to keep a closer eye on it from now on.

Thanks again!

Glad it was such an easy fix.....just be more conscious of keeping the stove & pipe clean in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.