started install today....having problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohio woodburner

Feeling the Heat
Oct 4, 2009
NW Ohio
After spending this week preparing for my new insert i was looking forward to today. Here it is Saturday night and no fire going.
I'm really having trouble getting my liner to line up with my insert. I've demoed pretty much everything in my way. It seems as if i need a couple offsets. Do they sell them for SS liners? And if i do get it lined up it's not sitting flush in the starter piece nor is the starter piece sitting flush on the insert

Can you provide more info on the liner you're using. Rigid or flex, what brand, etc. I just did a fairly challenging liner install using Heat-Fab rigid.

I'm using a 6" OLympia Forever Flex.

Heat Fab makes SS offset adapters.
15 Deg. 30 Deg. & maybe even a 45...
They can do what the straight adapter can't - line
up the liner with the flue collar. They're cheap enough
- maybe $20...

ok I'll check into them. I did find an offset but it was a square box with the two openings offset. Expensive. Wasn't sure how that would affect my draft also

Status
Not open for further replies.