started my barometric damper install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well I started the install for a barometric damper on my eko 25 . I picked up a 8 inch T pipe and a 8 inch plug and ordered the 8 inch barometric damperin T pipe . I am putting it under the boilers flue like is pictured on the site. I was able to reuse my old 8 inch pipe had to cut 2 inches off of one strait pipe so I am ready to go as soon as the damper arrives. I am oalso ordering my new door gasket tomorow so hopefully by next weekend I will be all ready for this years heating season. Also had my second truck load of log length wood delivered that I have to get sawing on. 6-8 cord per truck load boat load of work but eworth it everytime the oil truck drives by the house and doesnt stop. Thanks to this site I am deffintily much more knowledgable about my boiler you guys are the best pics coming soon!

Len

here are some pictures of the new flue setup also couple of pics of the ash tool I made at work from ideas I got on here! Sorry the pipe is not all nice and shiny. I left it out side during some the rain before cleaning it. but hey it still works :)

Attachments

• 100_4034.JPG
    100_4034.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 316
  • 100_4035.JPG
    100_4035.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 321
  • 100_4036.JPG
    100_4036.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 315
  • ashtool1.JPG
    ashtool1.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 302
  • ashtool2.JPG
    ashtool2.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 290
  • ashtool3.JPG
    ashtool3.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 296
I sure hope that truck load of wood is for 2010/2011 heating season??? Or maybe even 2011/2012!

yeah it is for next season I already have this years cut split and stacked it did not seasona full year but what can you do I suppose. I only pay 300 for the whole tractor trailer load there is 6-8 cord ont he trailer so if it were 8 cords it works out to 37.50 percord if there are 6 it works otu to 50 per cord either way I am making out pretty well I figure. Mostly I get dead standing wood or stuff that storms take down so its partially dried already. I am hoping to hit the local harbor freight to pick up a water meter to check the wood today though.

Status
Not open for further replies.