Started Putting A Dent In That Sandy Pile...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Pics of the pile when it came in are here

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/2-hours-3-pickup-trucks-and-5-able-bodies-later.94134/

Got this done today....

sandy3c.jpg

It got a little it smaller :)
sandy3b.jpg

Even found a few pieces with dormant carpenter ants... they'll be goners tonight, going down to 25 F here. Atleast you can see over the pile now :cool:
sandy3d.jpg

There you go, chip away at it. Nice work. Still working on splitting what I had delivered plus been grabbing the choicer stuff I see. Put a dent in mine and it put a dent right back on me!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I hear ya, J !!

I'm done for the day. When I finished this, I loaded up the house, and by the back door for the week !!!

I hear ya, J !!

I'm done for the day. When I finished this, I loaded up the house, and by the back door for the week !!!

I took the day off from wood (actually I grabbed a few more logs of cherry) so I could work on the leaves. I hate doing leaves, no wonder I burn trees!

I took the day off from wood (actually I grabbed a few more logs of cherry) so I could work on the leaves. I hate doing leaves, no wonder I burn trees!

I had a choice.... leaves or trees. I opted for trees, lol !!!

Looks like a great haul Dix. Glad to see something positive came out of that mess you went through.

Reactions: PapaDave
Looking good
Weather looks like you'll need to be burning more serious for a few days.
Be warm ;)

There's a method to my madness, I'll admit !

I've got a chit load of cherry that was being killed by carpenter ants buried under that stash, in rounds (2"- 5"), cut to size for both stoves. I picked it up, cut & ready to be split, in the beginning of August. It's my "emergency" wood for this season, if I need it in March or April..I gotta get to it, I tell ya ;em

Dixie, that cherry should be okay to burn by March if it is split right away. Finding the ants in that is very common.

Looking good Dixie! Good to see the pile shrink.

I don't wish misfortune on anyone, but I'm pretty envious of all of the storm provided wood you all are making use of in the north east.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.