Started stacking in my wood shed AKA greenhouse

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swedishchef

Minister of Fire
Jan 17, 2010
Inuvik, Northwest Territories
Well, I went outdoors in the dark this evening to start getting my wood pile ready for the winter. I normally do this in October however this year I will be gone 3 weeks in October so I decided to start early.

Here's a few pics of my setup. The greenhouse is 8 feet wide and 10 feet long. I can fit a little over 3 cords in it due to the high stacking. Some times I get worried it will tip over, it normally does in the spring when the ground softens.

Andrew

Attachments

• IMG_1542 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1542 (Large).jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_1543 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1543 (Large).jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 243
It dries OK. I cut some slats into the back plastic to allow wind to blow through. I also can roll up the black plastic to have no plastic at all, that certainly lets the wind blow in the front door and out the back.

I had a thermometer inside the greenhouse today. Even with the door OPEN, it was 29C yet it was 17C outside. That plastic mimics a magnefying glass!

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.