1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Started the knotty pine ceiling installation today!

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by ScotO, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Hogwildz

Hogwildz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Next to nuke plant Berwick, PA.
    Scrap the drywall plans and do the walls in T&G also. That's what I did, all T&G no drywall hassles. Cept in the closets, and wish I would have hung T&G in them too.
    ScotO and Thistle like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ScotO

ScotO Guest

If it was up to me, Hogz, I would do the walls in hand hewn barn wood (I have a huge stack of it in my garage), all slabs that were cut with a bandmill off of hand hewn beams......long story but my buddy did it for a millionare who didn't want the rustic look!! Anyway, the boss wants to be able to paint it with country colors, and she's firm on that. You know what they say, if mum ain't happy, AIN'T NOONE HAPPY!
    Eatonpcat and smoke show like this.
  3. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    I like Hog's idea too. We've done a few bathrooms that way and also my brother's family room half way up.
    VERY easy, and no mudding, taping, and sanding.
    Having said that, I will probably be pulling the T&G out of the stove room and redoing in DW. :p
  4. f3cbboy

f3cbboy Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    rockland county, NY
    real nice work - came out great!! +1 on anyting with no spackling and taping. that requires waaaay too much patience.<>
  5. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Lookin good. We did our Great Room completely in Knotty Pine & Altho I still hafta do some creative trim work it looks really nice...I'll see if I can post a coupla pix...

Attached Files:

6. save$

save$ Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Chelsea Maine
    DAkSY, That room is fantastic! Close your eyes and you can imagine the smell of the wood. Lots of windows. Really nice.
    Wood stove and some good books, what a place to spend your winter in.
    What is the flooring?
  7. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Floating laminate Cherry...Can't seem to locate a pic, tho...Hafta check with Susan...
    Eatonpcat likes this.