Started the knotty pine ceiling installation today!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
got it all cleaned out the other evening (actually took TWO WHOLE EVENINGS, I think I have a tool/wood hoarding problem :rolleyes:), was gonna start working it today, but wifey had a yard sale so I put a pile of my 'picker' junk in it. Ended up haggling all day with old guys that have nothing better to do than to "buy low and sell high". Sold some stuff, but the chainsaws and the antique Tonka trucks I ended up putting back in the loft of the barn. Everybody wanted to lowball me on those items, not gonna happen ;). Anyway, I am gonna get back at it tomorrow morning, then off to a pig roast in the evening (ain't gonna miss that!). Will work on it most of the day Monday too (off for Labor Day from my job, but my wife doesn't recognize that holiday so she's making me work!!). I'll keep posting my progress. I'm hoping to have that other side all done by the end of next weekend, and the following weekend we're having a drywall hangin' party!
Scrap the drywall plans and do the walls in T&G also. That's what I did, all T&G no drywall hassles. Cept in the closets, and wish I would have hung T&G in them too.

Reactions: ScotO and Thistle
Scrap the drywall plans and do the walls in T&G also. That's what I did, all T&G no drywall hassles. Cept in the closets, and wish I would have hung T&G in them too.
If it was up to me, Hogz, I would do the walls in hand hewn barn wood (I have a huge stack of it in my garage), all slabs that were cut with a bandmill off of hand hewn beams......long story but my buddy did it for a millionare who didn't want the rustic look!! Anyway, the boss wants to be able to paint it with country colors, and she's firm on that. You know what they say, if mum ain't happy, AIN'T NOONE HAPPY!

I like Hog's idea too. We've done a few bathrooms that way and also my brother's family room half way up.
VERY easy, and no mudding, taping, and sanding.
Having said that, I will probably be pulling the T&G out of the stove room and redoing in DW. :p

real nice work - came out great!! +1 on anyting with no spackling and taping. that requires waaaay too much patience.<>

Lookin good. We did our Great Room completely in Knotty Pine & Altho I still hafta do some creative trim work it looks really nice...I'll see if I can post a coupla pix...

Attachments

• 0902200005.JPG
    0902200005.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 266
  • DSC01627.jpg
    DSC01627.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 388
DAkSY, That room is fantastic! Close your eyes and you can imagine the smell of the wood. Lots of windows. Really nice.
Wood stove and some good books, what a place to spend your winter in.
What is the flooring?

DAkSY, That room is fantastic! Close your eyes and you can imagine the smell of the wood. Lots of windows. Really nice.
Wood stove and some good books, what a place to spend your winter in.
What is the flooring?

Floating laminate Cherry...Can't seem to locate a pic, tho...Hafta check with Susan...

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Status
Not open for further replies.