Starting fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclone

May 20, 2008
North East Pennsylvania
Building a solid bed of coals and starting your fire I am sure there are some good tips.

When using paper. is newspaper okay?

Tips and suggesstions greatlly appreciated.

Thanks again, and thank you for this site!!!

murry said:
Building a solid bed of coals and starting your fire I am sure there are some good tips.

When using paper. is newspaper okay?

Tips and suggesstions greatlly appreciated.

Thanks again, and thank you for this site!!!

1 quart of used 40 weight motor oil and an old tire work good in my neck of the woods

Yeah but it's so hard to find tires that fit into the pellet stove... ;-P :cheese:

cncpro said:
Yeah but it's so hard to find tires that fit into the pellet stove... ;-P :cheese:

Maybe he means Hotwheels tires? hehe

Look at the box stores that sell pellets and stoves. They should have a starting gel for manual stoves. A little squirt of that, and your done. My sister in law uses the torch method because it takes only a few seconds to get the pellets going.

I too use the torch method.

I use a push button starter on a propane torch.

I turn on the stove.....throw in a small handful of pellets.....hit them with the torch flame until they are going good.....close door.....enjoy heat.

It works for me.
---Nailer---

I just bought me the piezo torch from home depot..$25
See how it goes this winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.